This is a news briefs about a whale —NO!
This is a news briefs about being happy 🙂
- The evolution of filter-feeding whales’ humongous mouths.
- Beaked whales are the most frequent new marine mammals to be discovered, sez Loren Coleman –a.k.a. @CryptoLoren
- A Capybara in California? Check the video.
- Paranormal investigator Joe Nickell reveals ‘the truth’ behind modern cryptozoological myths –and if you believe that, I’ve got a Bigfoot suit to sell you…
- Moon may be younger than thought –one more anomaly into the pile.
- Nick Pope apologizes for UK MoD’s ridicule policy on UFOs. When can we expect an apology for Rendlesham?
- Gralien smorgasbord! Micah Hanks interviews George Noory & Robert Hastings.
- Recent cattle mutilation in Southern Colorado.
- Europe takes the asteroid threat seriously –although the name of the project suggests a lack of confidence in their chance of success…
- A Ford Fiesta exerts far more influence on the ocean’s tides that comet Elenin ever will, say NASA scientists to discourage doomsayers.
- US debates an end to medical research on Chimps –Cinematic dissuasion seems to be working!
- Texas Gov. Rick Perry addresses the ‘Climategate’ conspiracy devised “so that [scientists] will have dollars rolling into their projects.”
- Total recall? How the human brain lies to us.
- The very *very* strange properties of REM –the sleep, not the band.
- The amazing power of the placebo effect –again, NOT the band…
- Red pill of the day: The female erotic brain, mapped –Now I just need to figure out how to fit an MRI inside my bedroom.
Thanks Greg, & John K.
Quote of the Day:
“Science and Religion are like Magic’s squabbling, unruly children who have both decided that their parent should be nutted off to a secure facility somewhere because it’s an embarrassment to both of them. Whereas I think that a magical worldview can do an awful lot to resolve those two contradictory things.”