The Dalai Lama‘s in town, but tickets are sold out. I’ll try and sneak in — stealth Buddhism!
- Meditation can change brain structure & enhance mental abilities…
- … but can meditation heal a broken leg?
- How transcendental meditation can compliment medicine (Amazon US & UK).
- Behind the mask: the endangered Jeju shamanism of Korea.
- Animistic traditions are kept alive on the “island of 18000 gods”.
- Shangri-La & the silver palace of the Shang Shung kings.
- Campaign calls for urgent protection of aboriginal rock art.
- Terrific site documenting aboriginal rock art, that may be gone in 50 years.
- The man who should have been Dwalin helped launch the rock art campaign.
- The Australian Dept of Defence has lost it’s X-Files.
- Bill Chalker follows Australia’s UFO paper trail.
- 1966 UFO landing in suburban Australia remains a mystery.
- In Argentina, Inexplicata looks at the 1963 UFO & occupant encounter.
- Striving for the speed of light: is interstellar travel possible?
- Space-time ripples: how scientists could detect gravity waves.
- Epic solar flare caught on camera, & it’s headed our way.
- Multicellular worm found 9000ft beneath the Earth’s surface.
- Glam-rock chameleon among new species discovered in Madagascar.
- The myth of sustainable forests: chances are your desk is illegally logged.
- The geopolitics of food: welcome to the 21st century battleground.
- All aboard the Bilderbus! Bilderberg 2011 bus tour selling fast. TDG press pass, Greg?
- George Orwell’s 1984 was published June 8th 1949.
- Hypnotist knocked unconscious leaves audience members stuck in a trance.
- Carl Jung died 50 years ago: what would he make of the 21st century?
- Drawing outside the lines: Kabuki, mythology, & meaning (Amazon US & UK).
Thanks to Kat & Danny Penman.
Quote of the Day:
Sleep is the best meditation.
The 14th Dalai Lama