Chinese teenager sold his kidney for an Ipad 2. He is clearly deranged. He’d have gotten far more value for money from a PC.
- Prehistoric building boom: frenzy of construction revealed with new precision dating technique.
- Farmers were genetic breeders 10,000 years ago.
- Archaeologists claim to have found a forerunner to the pyramids not in Egypt but in southern Romania.
- The Alice Illusion: scientists convince people that they’re dolls or giants.
- The ancient Earth should have frozen to death billions of years ago.
- Catalytic earwax, the cost of inflation.
- Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
- Armchair astronaut discovers Mars space station using Google Earth.
- Moving mirrors make light from nothing.
- Tiny artificial brain exhibits 12 seconds of short term memory.
- Deceptive puzzle may be solved after 74 years.
- Drugmakers compromise doctors, medical journals and skew medical research.
- A plethora of fossil possums.
- Mind control and the internet.
- Scientists find werewolf gene.
- Apple causes religious reaction in brains of fans. You can bet a kidney on that.
- Elements 114 and 116 added to Periodic Table.
- Strong magnetic disturbances are usually observed when there are bright aurorae.
- 30 years in, we are still learning from AIDS, or not.
Quote of the Day:
The visionary lies to himself, the liar only to others