Some new Star Trek out there for the fans, and the news.
- Antarctic ozone layer bouncing back after the phase-out of chlorofluorocarbons. Or maybe hysteria replaced common sense?
- Scotland Yard is fighting a legal battle to withhold secret files on Jack the Ripper.
- A new and somewhat moldy branch on the tree of life
- Radioactive core encases dwarf planet in ice.
- The latest on potential cancer drug dichoro-acetate.
- Malaria prevents further super-infections.
- Splitting water to create renewable energy simpler than first thought?
- Countervailing powers: on John Kenneth Galbraith.
- Japan evacuates residents beyond Fukushima no-go zone.
- A military post’s secrets: espionage, not aliens.
- Planetary double layers.
- How did Buddhism come close to getting the brain right?
- Theory of recycled universe called into question.
- WHO to decide fate of smallpox stocks.
- Ditched magnet could lead to space deflector and propulsion technology.
- Sharing information corrupts wisdom of crowds.
- Comet theory comes crashing to earth.
- An infestation that begins in the mind.
- Chimps mourn?
Quote of the Day:
Our chief want in life is somebody who shall make us do what we can.
Ralph Waldo Emerson