So, line up and shoot all the PhDs or just offer them a grant for a PhD in the Limitations of PhDs?
- Reform the PhD system or close it down.
- The mystery of an ancient global warming recovery.
- In the Namib Desert, one type of beetle has found a distinctive way of surviving – fog harvesting.
- Ten signs of an impending bust.
- Try to avoid the Gospel of Grayling.
- The science of why we don’t believe science.
- I did it all for Egypt.
- Chemists fabricate impossible material.
- Fire ants spontaneously rearrange themselves into a floating island to protect the hive.
- Saturn aurora offers clues to Enceladus.
- More surprises from Pluto.
- Has the mystery of Easter Island finally been solved?
- Back to basics with time.
- What neuroscience cannot tell us about ourselves.
Quote of the Day:
Brains, like hearts, go where they are appreciated.
Robert S. McNamara