Let’s get spiritual, spiritual.
- Mt. Athos: A visit to the ancient monasteries of the holy mountain. Behind the scenes travelogue and more.
- Neuroscientist scans brains of Tibetan Buddhist monks as they meditate.
- Relax — you might live longer: A study at a US Buddhist retreat suggests eastern relaxation techniques protect chromosomes from degenerating.
- Neanderthal funeral rituals suggest they possessed symbolic thought before modern humans.
- 1,700-year-old Saints’ skeletons prove legendary tale of virgin Christian martyrs who were buried alive in ancient Rome was true.
- Austrians hail a ‘fairy-tale find’ of medieval riches.
- Tiny English village church finds original King James Bible.
- Has the mystery of Easter Island finally been solved?
- ET, phone back: Alien quest seeks earthling coders.
- Beam of electrons found to link Saturn to its icy moon Enceladus.
- Early universe may have had one dimension, not three… and now we know how to prove it, say scientists.
- It’s official: Heaviest antimatter found.
- ‘God Particle’: Leaked memo from Large Hadron Collider suggests Higgs boson found.
- Keep out – for 100,000 years: Few architects have to design anything to last more than 100 years, so how do you build a nuclear waste facility to last for millennia?
- I thought I had escaped from Chernobyl – but I hadn’t.
- Giving Mother Nature legal rights might avert future environmental disasters.
- ‘Immortal’ animals reveal anti-aging secrets.
- What a brush with death taught David Eagleman about the mysteries of time and the brain.
- Mood manipulation is not mind control. Not yet, anyway.
- Diet can reverse kidney failure in diabetic mice.
- Blood type, meet bug type: Bacterial ecosystems divide people into 3 groups.
- Ants, termites boost dryland wheat yields.
- Virtual Reality: This cookie’s taste is all in your head.
- NatGeoTV: Witness. Disaster in Japan. (46 minutes)
- How the 2011 Japan tsunami happened. (47 minutes)
- No other godman could match Satya Sai Baba, now off to relax in another dimension before his third incarnation as another spiritual avatar, Prema Sai.
- ‘When Sai Baba built a mosque at Puttaparthi’ — and many, many, more philanthropic endeavors.
Quote of the Day:
There’s no sense in being precise when you don’t even know what you’re talking about.
John Von Newmann