Mountain of news today, enjoy the view.
- ‘Smoking gun’ Roswell FBI document is a blank. More.
- Galaxies formed much sooner than originally thought.
- Virgin Galactic is hiring, but spaceflight experience required.
- Are extraterrestrials afraid of what we’d do with their technology?
- US Navy zaps boat with laser gun. Stun setting? Hello?
- What if the USSR had beaten America to the moon?
- Plans to raise WWII German Dornier bomber from English Channel.
- Michael Prescott reviews Debating Psychic Experience (Amazon US & UK).
- Skeptico with Dr Stuart Hammeroff on quantum consciousness.
- Too hard for science: the sense of meaning in dreams.
- Is the ‘old hag’ phenomenon just a symptom of sleep paralysis?
- Or is it paranormal? Dark Instrusions by Louis Proud (Amazon US & UK).
- Creepy & cool alien stick-figures caught on camera. More.
- Sherpa woman survives yeti attack, but yaks not so lucky.
- George RR Martin’s top ten fantasy films.
- Martin’s Game Of Thrones premieres on HBO this week.
- Cat playing with dolphins makes me happy.
- Alas, dolphins in captivity makes me sad.
- Penguin numbers plummeting in Antarctica due to food shortage.
- Monkeys display basic numeracy. I count my peanuts every payday.
- Britain’s hunger for cheap food is killing Brazil’s ‘other wilderness’.
- Freeway air pollution linked to brain damage in mice.
Muchas gracias Richard, Greg, RPJ, & Kat.
Quote of the Day:
“By turning energy into a weapon, we become more efficient and more effective.”
– Rear Adm Nevin Carr, chief of the Office of Naval Research