Kat’s back online! Her cats, feeling guilty for chewing the cables of her old PC, built her a new supercomputer. The answer is 43, apparently the mice are wrong.
- Michael Shermer’s hatchet job on Leslie Kean’s book UFOs: On the Record. Yes, the esteemed Scientific American printed CRAP… it’s a very balanced, intelligent piece. See also: Chris Rutkowski’s review. Amazon US & UK.
- Paul Kimball needs some help making a Best UFO Evidence sequel.
- Experimental aircraft take to the skies in the Mojave Desert.
- We might be Martians: the search for extraterrestrial genomes.
- SETI finally discovers Dyson, looks for extraterrestrial engineering.
- NASA’s Messenger snaps first photo of Mercury from orbit.
- James Cameron’s 3D cameras won’t go to Mars. Aw c’mon, they’ve been to Pandora!
- Nick Redfern on the meme creating classic Men In Black (Amazon).
- New expedition in search of Sumatra’s Orang Pendek.
- Micah Hanks investigates Ireland’s 13th century wild man.
- Chilean workers unearth 2-million year old mastodon remains.
- New Mexico find proves people in America at end of last Ice Age.
- Giza pyramids deserted as foreign tourists avoid Egypt. Sounds like a good time to go! You’ll have Zahi all to yourself.
- Researchers discover universal property of musical scales. There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres.
- Snow white hares are increasing in Ireland & Scotland.
- Symbolism of rabbits & hares, by Terri Windling. Wonderful!
- Crimes against nature: fighting the illegal animal trade in southeast Asia.
- Robert Wolff talks about indigenous cultures & original wisdom (Amazon US & UK)
Thanks Greg & Kat.
Quote of the Day:
In all fields of science there is a residue of anomalies unexplained by the dominant theory. That does not mean the prevailing theory is wrong or that alternative theories are right. It just means that more work needs to be done to bring those anomalies into the accepted paradigm.