- Robert Bauval weighs in on the Zahi saga.
- Difficult decisions ahead for Mars exploration.
- Inexplicata examines UFO reports from South American pilots & aviation workers.
- Classified docs reveal UK tried to stop global UFO investigation.
- Most earth-like exoplanet gets demoted to uninhabitable.
- Seth Shostak tells the aliens of Battle: LA to leave Earth alone & go for Europa’s water instead.
- UFOs & Hollywood: blurring the line between fact & fantasy. Another angle.
- New Scientist sums up the alien-life-meteorite mud-slinging.
- Software for artificial online commenters to drown opposing views & other dastardly motives. They could hire Pharyngula’s army of commenters.
- James Gleick: information, the building block of the universe?
- Frankenstein, science, spiritualism: John Murray Spear’s God Machine.
- Interview with Ron Wheelock, a Western ayahuasca shaman in Peru.
- 12’000-year-old stone tools give insights into first Americans.
- The mysterious stone circles & ruins of New England.
- Place & the Imagination: exploring the mythic landscape.
- Dusk, dawn & the days of the dead: doorways into other worlds.
- Shambhala: is it myth or a real location?
- Elephants know how to cooperate. Most humans would fail that experiment.
- Klepto Kitty gives back stolen loot & gets parade with confetti.
Takk, Greg & RPJ & Perceval.
Quote of the Day:
People gave money to children in the Third World, to orphanages, to empower women, to clinics, to schools, to governments, but they never gave money to people who were simply old so they could live a little longer and die in dignity.
Paul Theroux, Ghost Train To The Eastern Star