“Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.”
- Is the sixth mass extinction already happening?
- A new, giant planet.
- A solar storm for the record books.
- Unraveling the geometry of Giza.
- Are we on the precipice of spintronics?
- The moon, up closer than ever.
- O’ genius, where art thou?
- USAF’s secret space plane is secretly headed back to space.
- Ice, from the bottom up.
- Stars over Everest.
- Amphibians upend Darwin.
- A view from Discovery.
- Are viruses the forefathers of DNA?
- Ghostly encounters in the UK.
- Will a cracked Mayan code lead to treasure?
- Blade Runner prequel and sequel en route.
- Philip K. Dick’s’ movies ranked top to bottom.
- The secret ‘Brotherhood’ operating in Melbourne.
- R. McLuhan debates the paranormal with R. Wiseman.
- Scientists investigate using wormholes to travel between stars.
- Demoting Earth’s planetary status.
- This week’s news of the looming robot uprising… Space-bot! and DARPA’s Cheetah-Bot.
Thanks to Greg and RPJ for help today and HUGE thanks to Perceval for handling Friday’s news while I was on paternity leave the last three weeks.
Quote of the Day:
“If you had a million Shakespeares — could they write like a monkey?