Who says you can’t surf without waves? Nonsense! all you need to do is put on your luchador mask 🙂
- In 2000 Popular Mechanics pondered about the greatest scientific challenges facing this century. Here’s the progress report.
- Cosmic Log interviews physicist Brian Greene, author of “The Hidden Reality” [Amazon US & UK].
- CERN scientists are taking it slow, but say they’ll be stepping down on the gas pedal with the LHC by (surprise!) 2012.
- To understand what happens inside black holes, we need to invent new physics –that, or smartypants levitating robots.
- Robonaut 2 makes appearance during Super Bowl –but y’all were too busy watching that yuppie mezzing his geeky son’s mind, right?
- Robots will soon have their own Internet and Wikipedia –as long as we keep all the PRON, fine by me.
- Insectoid abduction: The North Canol Road incident .
- Saucer Sects: when religion takes a spacey spin.
- Giving a s%&t about the energy crisis: NYC studies the use of sewage for power.
- Fatty, sugary and processed foods may lower children’s IQ –Memo to America: forget Osama & go after this guy!
- Monkeys at English zoo have a unique ‘do not disturb’ gesture. Not THAT one –‘unique’ I wrote.
- Welcome to Big Brother High: school in Britain has one CCTV for every 10 pupils.
- Some security firm had to learn NOT to mess with Anonymous the hard way.
- Indigenous Brazilians fight Amazon dam project (photo gallery).
- Red pill of the day: Catholic church unveils confession iPhone app. “Bless me iPadre, for I have Tweeted…”
Thanks Kat, and Gina Monster.
Quote of the Day:
“Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real”