Our thoughts & prayers go to our friends in Brisbane.
- The cosmic mystery of the green blob in space –Cthulhu’s mommy? Galactus’ Vegan brother?
- Hallelujah!!: Will NASA’s new ‘Glory’ spacecraft silence climate-change deniers?
- RealClimate picks apart Forbe’s rich list of cooling nonsense.
- The journalism that exposed the MMR vaccine/autism fraud.
- 7 billion and counting? no worries, say the engineers –and without changing the laws of physics, sir!
- Meet Cahokia: America’s forgotten city.
- Nottingham’s underground cave city uncovered with lasers. Now wonder Robin’s men were merry.
- The key to Haiti’s economic future lies in… garbage (didn’t they mean “is buried in garbage”?).
- From Pravda: is a magnetic polar shift causing the animal die-offs around the world? not so fast, Vladimir!
- The repeal of “don’t ask don’t tell” caused the mysterious animal die-offs. Who said that? don’t ask…
- (NSFW) 6 crackpot conspiracy theories that *actually* happened –psst: don’t tell that to Jared.
- The 10 plot elements that were part of every. Single. Episode! of the X-Files (#$% warning).
- Are you a writer suffering a block? Cure your creative drought by visiting these literary watering holes.
- Italian man shot in head sneezes out bullet –I kinda suspect his last name is Corlleone…
- St Christopher: the dog-headed saint –well whaddayaknow? Edie was right, man!
- Red pill of the day: why the destruction of the 2nd Death Star should have benefited from a little more planning.
Quote of the Day:
“The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory is that conspiracy theorists actually believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is chaotic. The truth is, that it is not the Jewish banking conspiracy or the grey aliens or the 12-foot reptiloids from another dimension that are in control. The truth is more frightening, nobody is in control. The world is rudderless.”