“In the beginning the Universe was created… This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- LHC reveals liquid universe.
- Trillions of Earths and sextillions of stars.
- NASA’s big ET news gets downgraded to arsenic-loving bacteria. More here.
- Is Venus a warning?
- A thin layer of water steam envelopes a super-earth. More here.
- Watch X-rays fall into black hole in M31.
- Shhhh… Here comes the X-37B space-plane no one’s supposed to know about.
- Supernova in a jar.
- Does a ‘Dark Jupiter’ loom in the Oort Cloud?
- Earth: 2030.
- Gravitational waves and the Equinox Event.
- Ball lightning by way of space junk.
- Solar power by way of Sahara.
- Supercomputer by way of PS3.
- Food scarcity by way of acidification.
- Depleted fishing grounds are becoming more commonplace.
- Stuck in a food crisis? Try insects.
- The longest trip: Chewing coca leaves has 8000 year-old history.
- Tripping on science: The psychedelic community contests terms.
- Acupuncture gains more acu-cceptance.
- Psi unseen.
- Dolly the Sheep is alive and kicking… at least her four clones are.
- ‘Tummy time’ linked to brain development of infants.
- Longevity rates of 200 countries over 200 years, visualized in 4 minutes.
- Nat Geo’s best news photos of the year.
- Skeptical believers… A study in contradiction.
- Have venom, will travel.
- Does someone own yoga?
- Is BP the next target of an oft-discussed whistleblower?
- Twinkle, twinkle little wormhole.
- Lee Harvey Oswald’s casket for sale. Oliver Stone will authenticate.
- Re-inventing the lunar wheel.
- Greedo… Who knew?
Huge thanks to RPJ and Greg for their clutch assistance!
Quote of the Day:
“Space is big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road to the drug store, but that’s just peanuts to space.”