Save me the neck, will ya? 🙂
- Researchers uncover fundamental link between 2 of the weirdest quantum phenomena.
- Odds are, it’s wrong: why Statistics makes a crapshoot out of Science.
- D=u*H(!) Big scientists (plus Michael Shermer) pick Science’s biggest mistakes.
- “Heredity? just what kind of pea-brained doofus would come up with THAT?!” 5 famous scientists dismissed as morons in their time.
- [VIDEO] Facing the threat of a future energy crisis, MIT’s professor of Energy & Chemistry Dan Nocera gives us a message a H²Ope.
- Posthuman Black: Five dark scenarios that could play out in a transhumanist future.
- God is in the trash —if you know where to look : The Search for Phillip K. Dick, available at Amazon US & UK
- Image of the day: rings around a crescent Saturn.
- Deus Ex Machina: the Greek vision of a geometric universe, spawned from a mechanical wonder.
- Long & slow: that’s how pterosaurs liked it —flying, that is.
- Will Neil Blomkamp’s (District 9) latest project involve the Montauk monster? if so, let’s hope he hires our buddy Loren as advisor.
- Nick Redfern has just released a new book about NASA conspiracies —surprised? me neither…
- Audio interview with Chris Knowles, discussing his Secret History of Rock n Roll [Amazon US & UK] (H/T Mike Clelland!)
- World’s most expen$ive bottle of Tequila unveiled — not a bad choice, in case you were thinking of sending a Xmas gift to your favorite news admin [VIDEO]
- A security issue at the office.
Thanks Rick, Greg & Kat.
Quote of the Day:
“There is increasing concern that in modern research, false findings may be the majority or even the vast majority of published research claims.”