“…Separation of the observer from the phenomenon to be observed is no longer possible. ”
- Heisenberg Uncertainty Principal linked to Einstein’s “spooky action”.
- The first planet from a galaxy far, far away. Maybe. More here.
- The mystery of electromagnetic black jets.
- Ancient galaxy reveals new life.
- Comet Hartley’s snow-globe surprise.
- Hayabusa brings back the first asteroid dust.
- The sands of Mars.
- A new black hole is born.
- Need to come unstuck in time? Just try a spacetime cloak.
- The mysterious Higgs Boson remains elusive, for now.
- Will the alpha magnetic spectrometer make all your dark matter dreams come true?
- Twelve new sphinx.
- Life… how low can you go?
- New, active 40-mile faultline discovered under Rocky Mountains.
- Spying for WMD’s from space.
- And when white dwarves collide… in 100 million years.
- Reef fish sleep in glandular mosquito net, in case of bedbugs.
- Gangster birds.
- Nuclear-powered Martian kangaroo may do NASA’s bidding.
- Are domed cities a glimpse into the future… or fantasy?
- May the font be with you.
Many thanks to GT and RPJ!
Quote of the Day:
“Nature is made in such a way as to be able to be understood. Or perhaps I should put it—more correctly—the other way around, and say that we are made in such a way as to be able to understand Nature. ”