“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were… but without it we go nowhere.”
- LHC set to recreate mini-big bang. More here.
- Meanwhile, black hole plasma created in lab.
- A close encounter with Comet Hartley. More photos.
- Spotting invisible galaxies.
- Easing the laws of gravity.
- The fossils of Mars, in a volcano?
- Was the Vredefort Dome created by a meteor or…
- J.R.R. Tolkien killed a Beatles-Kubrick Lord of the Rings movie back in the 60’s.
- Cassini space probe shifts into ‘safe mode’ for second time in 6 years.
- Cloaking effect in atoms has scientists scratching their heads.
- Need help with math? Just shock your brain.
- The syntax of actions.
- Holographic messaging will be arriving shortly. Help me Obi Wan…
- Good dolphin mothers determined by social factors vs. genes.
- Boa reproduces asexually.
- Will the circulation in the Atlantic reverse?
- Will algae biofuel solve our energy problems?
- …Or will it be wirelessly charged electric cars?
- From New York to Sydney in two hours.
- Did heat kill the people of Pompeii (instead of ash)?
- The coolest Star Wars game thus far?
- A sinking boat that isn’t.
- World’s oldest axe unearthed on Aboriginal land.
- This week’s evidence of the looming ‘bot revolution… wall-scaling robots.
Thanks to GT!
Quote of the Day:
“We are the product of 4.5 billion years of fortuitous, slow biological evolution. There is no reason to think that the evolutionary process has stopped. Man is a transitional animal. He is not the climax of creation.”