My favorite Halloween costumes worn by last night’s trick-or-treaters: Miami Vice’s ‘Sonny Crocket’ – who was a dead ringer for ‘Rico Tubbs’; a black butterfly who described herself as ‘a Gothic Tinkerbell’; and a dementor (from the Harry Potter books) who’d never heard of dementors.
- Asia to Africa, or Vice Versa: New Clues to Primates’ Origins.
- Bronze Age hoard found intact in Essex field.
- Digger finds Neolithic tomb complex.
- Stone Age DIY: Neolithic humans decorated their homes with homemade paint.
- More on the story told by a Peruvian mummy’s tattoos.
- The highest paid sportsman of all time was a Roman slave, turned chariot racer.
- World’s most precise clocks could reveal Universe is a hologram.
- Mystery of Tunguska meteorite solved.
- Why did the space shuttle project fall from grace?
- Evidence of ancient hot springs on Mars.
- The making of a mind-blowing DIY sun photo.
- Active SETI — inviting alien invasion?
- NASA worker talks to the dead in his spare time.
- Cosmic Log: Spooky stuff from NASA. Rob Gutro’s book Ghosts and Spirits: Insights From a Medium is available at Amazon US & UK.
- Chupacabra science: how evolution made a mythical monster.
- Halloween costumes from a century ago.
- Eighty-four years after his death – on Halloween – the raw physicality of Harry Houdini lives on. More.
- Heavenly illumination: the science and magic of stained glass.
- Investigating the Afterlife: To some, life after death is an article of faith, but Dr. Raymond Moody says science may one day discover what lies beyond near-death experiences.
A big thanks to Greg.
Quote of the Day:
No performer should attempt to bite off red-hot iron unless he has a good set of teeth.