Not much fortean stuff today, but something for everyone. Enjoy.
- Photos of Tibet in 1903; they don’t make adventure like that anymore.
- Statue of King Tut’s grandfather unearthed in Luxor.
- Arizona archaeological sites being destroyed by vandals.
- Stonehenge boy was from the Mediterranean, circa 5550BCE.
- Druidry to be first pagan practice officially recognised as a religion.
- What will the constellations look like 50’000 years from now?
- Skeptiko podcast: a fresh perspective on the nature of consciousness.
- Do animals have spiritual experiences? If they’re about to be eaten.
- Video shows crows using tools to catch food.
- Tracking the migration of dragonflies, sparrows, & bees. Without coconuts.
- Lions attack circus trainer. If only the dancing bear & chimps got a go too.
- Why tiger conservation will work. Fingers crossed.
- Exploring Mexico’s incredible crystal caves.
- Filmmaker & Fortean fan Guillermo del Toro on why we fear the dark.
- Mars probe to solve mystery of lost atmosphere.
- Evidence suggests icebergs in frigid oceans on ancient Mars.
- Mission to search for alien life in outer atmosphere.
- Nick Pope talks UFOs, SETI, & the U.N.’s Office For Outer Space Affairs.
- Forget notifying the U.N.; here’s what to do if E.T. phones Earth.
- 1979 Washington Post article on UFOs & nuclear weapons sites.
- Robert Hastings is doing the media rounds discussing UFOs & Nukes.
- Debunking the skeptics of the UFO-nukes connection.
- Another UFO airport incident in China. Shades of Chicago O’Hare…
- Amazing video: this balloon boy goes into space for all the right reasons.
Quote of the Day:
You can drive your Prius and type on your iPad, but if we leave you in the dark, you will shit your pants.
Guillermo del Toro