- Catastrophic blast created Mars moon Phobos.
- Stephen Hawking wonders why the galaxy isn’t crawling with mechanical or biological life. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, Professor…
- SETI 2060: will we make contact by then? It’ll feel like Cocoon at TDG.
- Outback astronomers; the stargazing knowledge of Australian aborigines.
- Amazonian shamanic gatherings… in the French Pyrenees?
- How ayahuasca helped author Matthew Yorke beat 20 years of writer’s block.
- Former British govt advisor sacked for making too much sense calls for a science-based drugs policy.
- Skeptiko’s Alex Tsakiris chats to Dr Susan Blackmore about NDEs & the skeptics.
- What made the late John Keel change his mind about mysterious voices?
- Mark Pilkington discusses how the military used UFOs as cover for secret projects. Or maybe this is a cover to cover the coverup? o_O
- Richard Dolan discusses new tv series The Event, & how it may be UFO/ET disclosure.
- Retired Japanese air force Lietenant General writes book about UFOs in the land of the rising sun.
- Terry Pratchett made his own sword; from meteoric iron! Iorek Byrnison is impressed.
- The Devil of Hjalta-stad: Iceland’s 18th century poltergeist case.
- Review of Brad Steiger’s new book on beasts from the darkside (Amazon US & UK).
- From Mongolia & Siberia to the Caucasus, wildmen abound.
- Gigantic spider’s web discovered in Madagascar. Too bad it’s not Flores Island, it could’ve explained the hobbit.
- Last stand for tigers: beautiful big cat soon to be extinct in the wild.
Thanks Greg & Phenergan.
Quote of the Day:
… the spirit has its homeland, which is the realm of the meaning of things.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery (Amazon)