- Ruins of ancient Egyptian city by the sea to be opened to the public.
- Going batty from Zahi Hawass: the Giza cave system that doesn’t exist.
- Terrific article on lost civilisations (spot the mistake on page 6!).
- National Geographic prehistoric rock art special will probably ignore the psychedelic connection (Amazon US & UK).
- Hallucinogenic Devil’s Trumpet plant ‘found’ in back garden. More on Datura.
- Global bee decline already having dramatic effect on plant pollination.
- Guinea pig power! Peruvian village using rodents to power their homes.
- Unnatural selection: human evolution’s next steps (or slithering).
- Novae produce gamma rays, increasing our chances of being wiped… [static]
- Stephen Hawking may be a scientist, but he’s also a trickster.
- Technology behind sounds heard during close encounters of the fourth kind?
- Biography explores the dark side of Roald Dahl (Amazon US & UK).
- Ten of the bloodiest bedtime stories ever.
- And they lived happily ever after… Death in fairy tales.
- Old Ned’s Devil: the 19th century cryptobeast that accosted the great-uncle of a friend of Nick Redfern’s father’s brother’s former roommate.
- Grass Valley man plans to use balloons to spot Bigfoot.
Thanks to Claudia, Greg, RPJ, Kat, Cat Vincent, another cat, & an aardvark.
Quote of the Day:
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
~ Sir Francis Bacon