The new weird order:
- Robot to expose pyramid’s hidden secrets (again).
- Giza’s secret diggings video exposed.
- Latest jaw-dropping (raw) images taken of Saturn’s moons, just this past weekend. Nobody pay attention to the tyre tracks going through the big crater on Tethys…
- Bridging the chasm between Skeptics and New Agers.
- Seth Shostak discusses SETI in an interview before SETIcon.
- Vampire bats driven crazy by rabies have attacked 508 people in Peru – four dead.
- ‘Corkscrew’ seal deaths probed.
- A new entry in this year’s best headline department: "Antibacterial socks may boost greenhouse emissions".
- Alternative history writer Laurence Gardner has passed away.
- The remarkable near-death experience of Mellen-Thomas Benedict.
- Mary Roach reveals that space exploration is really an exploration of what it means to be human. Packing for Mars (Amazon US/UK).
- Robonaut 2: The legless android who is to become the first human-like robot in space.
- Poo-powered VW Bug – dung beetle? Perhaps this human-powered car is less cranky?
- Breaking free of the ‘create the future‘ myth.
- Are these the genuine crop circles, or is someone trying to steal the hoaxers’ wind?
- That age-old question, "where did life on Earth start?" now has a new answer.
- Confessions of a recovering environmentalist.
- Dawkins to write on "The next thing that there isn’t".
- The wicked witches of the West.
Thanks to Greg, RPJ, Kat & George
Quote of the Day:
The spirit of creation is the spirit of contradiction—the breakthrough of appearances toward an unknown reality.