More news than I planned, but that’s better than less.
- Recent solar storm creates stunning aurora light shows.
- Ancient foot bone found in Philippines cave rewrites history.
- Ohio’s Fort Ancient was aligned with the summer solstice.
- On the trail of Ghengis Khan with fellow Gippslander Tim Cope.
- NatGeo has a terrific Marco Polo-themed photo gallery.
- Destroyed 800 years ago, 2000-year-old Buddhist university will be reborn.
- There was no Big Bang at the start of the universe. Or was it the end?
- If time is slowing down, why is this year going so fast?
- Rocks in space: a candidate for a diaspora beyond Earth?
- Britain’s MoD blocks release of private files on Nick Pope (his response).
- In 1978, a Texan mother & her son had an extraordinary UFO encounter.
- Is there a corporate conspiracy angle to the UFO mystery?
- No afterlife for Spirit: the Mars Rover, that is.
- Michael Prescott has an NDE to sink your teeth into.
- Dean Radin gets heckled by a sock puppet masquerading as a skeptic.
- Caring for animals shaped human evolution. Cats aid enlightenment.
- Photosynthetic algae puts the fire back in the salamander.
- Australia has the wonders down under, but Earth’s seas in a sick state.
- Mystery rock sculptures in Canada’s Humber River solved.
- Long Island’s Montauk Point has a long history of high strangeness.
- Inexplicata has a collection of Mexican witch stories.
- Rampaging radioactive boars in Germany! 1984, in Australia…
- Does shortening words make Aussies sound smarter? Crikey.
Thanks Greg & Kat.
Quote of the Day:
[Pseudoskeptics] do not see that their approach is no different from extreme religious fundamentalists.