Thank you for holding onto your potatoes.
- Lunar elevator could be built in a decade. Composing the muzak might take longer.
- UFOs feel the need, the need for speed. Scientology pun in there somewhere.
- Planet with comet-like tail could be common. Earth lost its tail when we evolved.
- The Bad Astronomer explains why you’ll never meet an alien. Why would an alien want to meet him?
- What the world will do if aliens call. No, the people in power would conduct a global conspiracy of obfuscation & lies so that the public never learns the real nature of extraterrestrial contact — you heard me, Scully.
- America’s top secret world is so huge, no one can keep track of it — and that’s the way aha aha they like it aha aha.
- U.S. State Dept’s new website debunking conspiracy theories. They now have the woo chart next to this poster in the staff kitchen.
- TED talk with Julian Assange: why the world needs WikiLeaks.
- EU holds summit with atheists & freemasons. Is this summit a molehill?
- Zahi Hawass dismisses claims he’s anti-Semitic… then takes down the statement. You’ll have to take his word for it. Good as gold, right?
- Remarkable notes & pics from Howard Carter’s Tutankhamun excavations.
- Incredible archaeological finds in Turkey tarnished by petty bickering of experts.
- Photo gallery of the tomb beneath El Diablo in Guatemala.
- The Loris lives! World-first photos of Sri Lankan primate believed extinct.
- Nick Redfern chats with Darklore contributor Richard Freeman about Japanese monsters & folklore (Amazon US & UK).
- Hair of the Yeren — Chinese Bigfoot, not a traditional cure for hangovers.
- Wrap your crypto-craniums around the case of the sinister skull.
- Cargo ship denied dock due to spider swarm. Stevedores scream like girls.
- Stressed cats relax when played meditation music. R Carlos Nakai works for me.
Thanks Greg, Kat, & Miguel.
Quote of the Day:
“I know other astronauts share my feelings… we know the government is sitting on hard evidence of UFOs.”
~ Col. Gordon Cooper, Astronaut