A belated happy rebirth day to the Dalai Lama.
- Image of the universe after the Big Bang. Restaurant is top left.
- Human evolution is a bit fishy according to scientist Neil Shubin.
- Bizarre deep-sea creatures inspiration for myths & legends?
- Columbia’s cotton-top tamarin monkeys will soon be extinct.
- Genetic life in the fast lane in the high altitudes of Tibet.
- Norwegians demonstrate how to make music from ice.
- Musical code hidden in the works of Plato.
- Letter written by explorer David Livingstone finally deciphered.
- Search resumes for Sir John Franklin’s lost ships.
- 18th-century shipwreck found off the coast of St Augustine, Florida.
- More on the theory that Cleopatra died from a drug cocktail.
- Study will scan brains of psilocybin ‘shroom’ users.
- Rudy Rucker discusses his ‘Psipunk‘ genre (Amazon US & UK).
- UFOs buzz nuclear power station in Argentina.
- Ex-policeman describes his close encounter of the third kind.
- Pentagon plans flying submarine. Will they paint it yellow?
- The future of air travel: kite-shaped floating hotels & more.
- Great Scott! Film geeks get Back To The Future date wrong.
Quote of the Day:
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
~ Soren Kierkegaard (1813 – 1855)