”A new untruth is better than an old truth…”
- Ancient Mayan city discovered with lasers.
- Another image of Atlantis and the ISS transiting el sol.
- Immaculate scientific creation: U.S. scientists create world’s first synthetic cell. More here and here about artificial life.
- Star eats planet.
- Plasmarons in graphene… Finally!
- Scientists are building a noah’s ark for data.
- Explaining the chirality of the universe.
- UFOs and nuclear bombs.
- Calcium, courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Supernova. More here.
- Ever wonder how much water is on the planet?
- Portals to another universe by way of… Florida?
- Identifying objects, one photon at a time.
- First research on celestial body that crashed into Jupiter last July has been released.
- Memories, at the flip of a switch.
- Anti-matter… Why it matters (according to the Tevatron). More here.
- The Akatsuki orbiter’s experimental solar sail has a date with Venus.
- Robot butterflies from Japan and cloned fighting bulls from Spain.
- Will the next ice age take place in four years?
- A vaccine for Ebola?
- Measuring Brownian motion and proving Einstein wrong.
- Power outage strands NASA astronaut on space station robotic arm.
- Does Lightning cause hallucinations? Take only in small doses.
- World’s biggest airship takes flight for the first time (and H. Hughes rolls over in grave).
- Is this the meaning of the 2001 monolith?
- The dangers of FTL.
- Are we alone?
- Step into the 3-D sensory box.
Many thanks to RPJ and Kat!
Quote of the Day:
“Every now and then a man’s mind is stretched by a new idea or sensation and never returns to its former dimensions.”
Oliver W. Holmes