- British Royal Navy denies ‘X-Files’ archive for sea monster sightings.
- Italian Fairies; fate, folletti, & folklore by Raffaella Benvenuto.
- What’s your sign? Terrific website resource for symbols & meanings.
- Was Mt Everest scaled 29 years before Sir Edmund Hillary & Sherpa Tenzing Norgay?
- Tibetans hold DNA clue to resisting high-altitude sickness.
- More new species discovered in New Guinea ‘Lost World’, including a Cyrano de Bergerac frog. Which will become extinct if we don’t do something.
- Ravens console their companions after they get beaten in a fight.
- Archaeologists discover 2700-year-old pyramid tomb in Mexico. Interior photo.
- Slideshow of 13th century jewelry & coins unearthed in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Colossal red granite statue of Thoth in baboon form discovered in Luxor.
- Synchrotron probes ancient Egyptian beads, the famous turquoise ceramic.
- Physicists think they’ve found a new clue to existence in Fermi lab.
- Permaculture & sustainable living: “the things your grandparents knew & your parents forgot.” (Amazon US & UK). And we’re not teaching our kids.
- We’ll need our grandparents knowledge if we’re to avoid Food Inc.
- An ultrasound blast to the testes can stop sperm production for 6 months. Wear tinfoil underwear, lads!
- Trouble sleeping & always tired? Try turning off all your gadgets; your iPillow too.
- Apple store refuses disabled woman’s cash payment for an iHype.
- Attack of the Super-Atheists! PZ in spandex? Here he is, look out Greg.
- Foucault’s pendulum is broken. Fictitious philology student seen nearby.
Quote of the Day:
I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.
from Foucalt’s Pendulum by Umberto Eco (Amazon)