Massive news with a lot to discuss — I predict two comments. 😛
- William Blake & the Buddha, more in common than you think.
- The Dance of the Labyrinth by Ari Berk. You remind me of the babe…
- Sequel to The Dark Crystal has two new directors, production also in Australia. I almost named my one-eyed cat Aughra.
- 13th century skeleton found buried in England of African origin.
- Robin Hood with big explosions? He must have picked up that trick in Outremer.
- Good news, everyone! The USA now only has 5113 nuclear warheads!
- Traces of uranium from Australian mines found in Antarctica.
- Scientists plan to simulate the entire planet. Kind of what Ragnar Tornquist has in mind with the Secret World.
- Build another Earth with Slartibartfast more like it, with Gulf of Mexico oil spill a looming ‘dead zone’.
- Is planetary electrical activity a key indicator of extraterrestrial life?
- Andrew Collins gives a balanced, cautionary response to the ‘intelligent signal detected by NASA’ story.
- Five reasons why Stephen Hawking & everyone else is wrong about alien threats.
- The other kind of aliens: the argumentative (& proud of it) David Brin weighs in.
- Looking for aliens in all the wrong places, a somewhat skeptical look at the Hawking shenanigans. With Shermer blowing hot air in the African grass.
- Transcript of Larry King’s ‘hostile alien’ debate; Dan Aykroyd, Hawking, & Kaku!
- The ‘paranormal disinvitation’ of Nobel laureate physicist Brian Josephson continues (see Greg’s post). Comments are worth reading too.
- Mitch Horowitz discusses Ronald Reagan & the Occult, with a few surprises (no, Bonzo doesn’t make an appearance).
- Psychic Defective: Sylvia Browne’s epic fail. My guess is many genuine mediums & psi researchers are happy with this debunking too.
- Dean Radin‘s The Conscious Universe is convincing evidence for the scientific validity of psi (Amazon US & UK).
- Boy with cancer becomes superhero for a day. Superhero for life, in my book.
- Comic book store thief caught by Spiderman, two Jedi Knights, & the Flash.
- Good & bad deeds can boost ‘superpowers’, making us all potential superheroes/villains. RPJ already wears his underwear on the outside.
- Feminine ‘hourglass’ figures affect men’s brains like a drug.
Thanks Greg, Kat, RPJ.
Quote of the Day:
In order to disprove the law that all crows are black, it is enough to find one white crow.