‘The calm before the storm…’
- New 2 million year-old hominid fossils of Australopithecus sediba unearthed in Cradle of Humankind.
- Meanwhile, new species of dragon-sized lizard discovered on Phillipine island of Luzon…
- …And new bacteria found in prehistoric amber from Ethiopia.
- Did an hour-long hailstorm from space start a mini-Ice Age?
- First “terrifying” extra-solar eclipse imaged for the first time.
- Venus lives. While Pluto gets demoted yet again.
- Creation of different species’ color designs demystified.
- A new, purely scientific explanation for NDE’s .
- Beware of the ‘Devil’s Breath’, aka ‘Scopolamine’.
- Air traffic around the world in 24 hours.
- Tired of building computer chips, Intel is ready to read your mind…
- …Probably because silicon is yesterday’s news, thanks to diamond chips as well as graphene and memristors. And of course, using your skin as a keyboard.
- Filling the periodic table’s gaps, one heavy element at a time.
- Glacier Park is losing it’s namesake. The same can be said for the Arctic ice cap.
- Newly discovered asteroid to ”zip harmlessly” past Earth.
- New nanovaccine stops autoimmune disease by boosting immune system.
- The cop who saw reptilians.
- Investigator explores how ’Wikileaks’ exposes some of the world’s darkest secrets.
- More UFO’s spotted off the coast of Australia.
- It’s SETI’s fiftieth birthday– Isn’t it time for the ultimate gift?
- US Navy and NASA reveal new ocean water-powered underwater vehicle.
- When all else fails, hack the planet.
- Forget the looking-glass, go through the armoire.
- Why birds of a feather flock together.
- Need a one-stop shop for all your superhero needs? Your search is over.
- Look, up in the sky– it’s arguably the worst movie ever… “Birdemic”! Start with the theatrical trailer and work your way back through the EPK.
- And last but not least, the truly amazing, ultimate retro-gamer’s fantasy… “Pixels”.
Many thanks to Greg, RPJ, Kat, Rick MG, James Nguyen and D. Eggers.
Quote of the Day:
“The crises of our time, it becomes increasingly clear, are the necessary impetus for the revolution now under way. And once we understand nature’s transformative powers, we see that it is our powerful ally, not a force to be feared our subdued. ”