- CERN scientists create 10 million mini-Big Bangs in one week. I guess they didn’t rest on Sunday?
- Church condemns Turin Shroud 3D glasses for pilgrims. How they intend to fit in an IMAX screen in that church is beyond me.
- Archeological discoveries at China’s Sea of Death —that might work for the title of Indie’s next adventure.
- National Treasure 3 on the way: What’s left for Cage to recover, George Washington’s secret stash… of tea? 😉
- King Tut had to wear orthopedic sandals. Being a living god was not so great after all.
- Swiss adventurer Bertrand Piccard sets sights on round-the-world challenge with a giant solar-powered aircraft. Make it so!
- Trading fuel for photons: Interplanetary travel may soon be powered by propulsion systems lifted from sci-fi novels —but we’re still gonna need melange to guide the ships through the safest route.
- Mystery object defies astronomic classification. Dwarf star or giant planet? How about a Dyson sphere?
- Pigeons loaded with GPS backpacks show the secrets of co-ordinated flight control —man, I don’t even have a 3G cell phone :-/
- MUFON investigator researching the Stephenville case receives another kind of bird from the FAA…
- UFO’s: Not to Strange After All? By Scott Corrales.
- Nick Redfern takes a look at the recent sheep mutes in his natal Britain, but gives them a more obscure interpretation —but what did you expect from a die-hard fan of Joey Ramone?
- Metaphysics and Emanationism: a experiencer of high strangeness speculates about the nature of paranormal phenomena, using the teachings of Plotinus, Pythagoras & Rene Guenon —fascinating food for thought.
- Daniel Pinchbeck: “My Personal Journey into the Evolver Social Movement.”
- The truths and myths about the ‘warrior gene’. Enzymes, come out to plaaaay!
- Africa: the craddle of man, and ants.
- First discovered multicellular organism that can live without oxygen —stop holding your breath, smart-ass!
- Some dinosaur species changed skull shape during growth —and you still complaining about your puberty Clearasil dependency.
- Can a videogame solve global warming? Sure, at long as it’s not this one.
- Are skeptics winning the global warming propaganda war?
- Study says every rescuer working at Ground Zero in the two weeks after 9/11 lost some lung function. A 9/11 vet program is long overdue IMO.
- Man threatens to bring down jumbo jet using mind power. Ta-ta-da-daaah! This is a job for…!
Thanks Rick, Greg, Kat & Moezilla
Quotes of the Day:
[Buddha]: “And suppose someone were to ask you, ‘This fire that has gone out in front of you, in which direction from here has it gone? East? West? North? Or south?’ Thus asked, how would you reply?”
[Vacchagotta]: “That doesn’t apply, Master Gotama. Any fire burning dependent on a sustenance of grass and timber, being unnourished — from having consumed that sustenance and not being offered any other — is classified simply as ‘out’ (unbound).”
[Buddha] “Even so, Vaccha, any physical form by which one describing the Tathagata would describe him: That the Tathagata has abandoned, its root destroyed, made like a palmyra stump, deprived of the conditions of development, not destined for future arising. Freed from the classification of form, Vaccha, the Tathagata is deep, boundless, hard to fathom, like the sea. ‘Reappears’ doesn’t apply. ‘Does not reappear’ doesn’t apply. ‘Both does & does not reappear’ doesn’t apply. ‘Neither reappears nor does not reappear’ doesn’t apply.”
From the Buddhist scriptures of the Pali Canon.
“Jesus said: I have cast fire upon the world, and behold I guard it until it is ablaze”.
From the Gospel of Thomas.