Sliding down the surface of things.
- People with a rare time-space synaesthesia perceive things very differently.
- Tomorrow is SETI’s 50th anniversary. Will ET call to wish them a happy birthday?
- Fantastic Paranormal Podcast with the Anomalist’s Patrick Huyghe. If you haven’t read his book Swamp Gas Times, do yourself a favour (Amazon US & UK).
- James Carrion explains why he left MUFON.
- English farmers observe strange lights involved in sheep mutilations.
- Study shows scientists are spiritual. Dawkins just choked on a pretzel.
- Heaven: Our Enduring Fascination With The Afterlife by Lisa Miller (Amazon US & UK).
- Is there life after bodily death? A more agnostic approach to NDEs.
- Was Jesus the son of an architect? Money-lenders called him a son of a *beep*.
- The discovery of an esoteric message in Pascal’s Triangle.
- Ayurveda out of balance: 93% of medicinal plants face extinction.
- New Riverworld movie airing on SyFy, adapted from the novels by Philip José Farmer (Amazon US & UK). I loved the book, but I’ve got a bad feeling about this.
- Sherpa will scatter Sir Edmund Hillary’s ashes at peak of Mt Everest.
- Brilliant photo of Aurora Borealis from space, taken aboard the ISS.
- Photo of Stonehenge in 1877, before they put it all back together again.
- Archaeologists in Syria unearth artifacts from the Ubaid period.
- More on Tell Zeidan, the lost city that predates the wheel.
- If ‘Ubaid’ rings a bell, it’ll be due to the uncanny lizard-headed figurines.
- Workers stumble upon 2-foot-long granite statue of Buddha.
- China busted for global cyber-espionage, including restricted Indian military data.
- CNN vs Al Jazeera — entertainment vs news, it’ll make you cry.
- Wikileaks is better at finding classified Pentagon videos than the Pentagon.
Thanks Greg, Kat, RPJ.
Quote of the Day:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”