Today’s soundtrack: Fit Song by Cornelius.
- Firing on all neurons: a neuroscientist’s attempt to explain consciousness.
- Interview with Gary Lachman, author of A Secret History of Consciousness (Amazon US & UK).
- Does God Have A Future: debate between Michael Shermer, Deepak Chopra, & others.
- Southeast Asian flat-headed swamp cat among many species near extinction due to habitat loss to palm oil plantations.
- This Saturday March 27th is Earth Hour. It should be Earth Hour every hour.
- Early humans who were good dancers may have had an evolutionary advantage. Neanderthals had two left feet?
- The UK Space Agency has a spiffy new logo that is no doubt full of Illuminati symbolism. Interesting timing.
- Subterranean surprises: life found in the most inhospitable places.
- Why is NASA suddenly finding so much water on the moon?
- Perhaps it’s to get Obama to change his mind about cancelling future lunar missions?
- A Belgian, two Frenchmen, & a Columbian lock themselves in steel containers for 18 months to simulate mission to Mars.
- Jacques Vallee brings the woo to Boing Boing with alien glyphs.
- Inexplicata has photos & over a dozen UFO cases reported during Chile’s earthquake.
- Australian woman photographs disc-shaped UFO zipping around Sydney.
- UFOs buzz proposed nuclear waste site in northern Australia.
- UFO Mystic rips into the UFO Watchdog over their UFO Hall of Shame.
- Owls, UFOs, & synchronicity: great stuff.
- Bob still scares the bajeesus out of me: 20th Anniversary of Twin Peaks.
- The hidden meaning of Lady Gaga’s “Telephone”. I’m surprised today’s generation can recognise the thing with a springy cable.
Thanks to greg, kat, daydreamer, redoubt, and rpj.
Quote of the Day:
The owls are not what they seem.
The Giant, from Twin Peaks