”Keeping an eye on the world going by my window…”
- Immaculate black holes located near universe’s conception.
- According to NASA, “Earths are common”.
- Martian avalanche, with stunning photo. Meanwhile, Martian atmosphere appears to have been wiped away by a solar super-wave — yet there still appears to be proof of life on Mars.
- More on the changing spots of Jupiter.
- Solar storms and killer electrons.
- Rings of Saturn more unstable and violent than previously believed. More here.
- Star on near-collision course with the solar system (and by ‘the’, I mean ours).
- The danger of hacking the climate. More here.
- A witness to the ‘Battle for Los Angeles’ in 1942.
- Ion trap could open door to quantum computing.
- Relativity, the final test.
- Extinction looms for Bluefin and Polar Bears after failing to gain UN protection.
- Hiding gold, one invisibility cloak at a time.
- Moonwater, the growing mystery.
- Meet the Velociraptor’s cousin.
- F-35 makes first vertical landing.
- Did the ‘Colbert Bump’ create a new messiah?
- The buried, ancient rivers of the outback.
- Salt and power, not to be confused with Salt n’ Pepa.
- Concerns over proposed £20m visitor centre at Stonehenge.
- Hobbits had million-year history on Flores?
- Huffington Post removes 911 conspiracy theory piece by Jesse Ventura?
- Ufologist Jenny Randles asks: does ufology have a future?
- Man with virtually no serotonin or dopamine defies expectations.
- Astronauts return from the ISS via a Soyuz capsule. Leaving, re-entry, and landing, in images courtesy of Astronaut Soichi on the ISS (except the last one, unless he’s got one hell of a telephoto lens).
Thanks to Perceval, Greg, RPJ and the almighty Beatles.
Quote of the Day:
“Running everywhere at such a speed, Till they find, there’s no need…”