“One of the greatest pains to human nature is the pain of a new idea…”
- Einstein’s theory of gravity, confirmed? His handwritten works are on display in Jerusalem.
- Roger Penrose and the loops of time.
- The inequality aversion, explained.
- Recently restarted LHC shutting down for year to address design flaws.
- Ghostly accident or accidental ghost.
- Ghost-catching, one invention at a time at the Pump House Castle.
- Buzz Aldrin thanks the world for his birthday wishes.
- Was Pont-Saint-Esprit’s mysterious ‘cursed bread’ a CIA experiment with LSD?
- Vatican’s chief exorcist says Devil is in the Vatican.
- Dan Akroyd predicts the end of the world, sans Stay-Puft marshmallow man.
- Could some earthquakes be man-made?
- Meanwhile, it appears the Chilean quake may have shifted the Earth’s axis.
- Dozens of centuries-old shipwrecks discovered in Baltic Sea during construction.
- Has deforestation revealed an impact crater in Central Asia?
- Light in the California sky emits… smaller lights .
- Is Daylight Savings hazardous to your health?
- Titan’s slushy interior.
- It’s Oyster vs. Anaconda in the battle for control of the waves.
- The mystery of thalidomide, unraveled.
- A mass grave of headless vikings.
- Brain scan experiment reveals what people are thinking.
- Past visions of science fiction’s science future .
- Australia’s buried rivers of antiquity.
- Are the Amazon rain forests stronger than we think?
- Archaeologists discover buried Mayan fountain.
- 15 photos from the 70‘s that raised awareness about preserving Mother Earth.
- Need a place to crash during the next polar upheaval– try a Sea-skraper.
Many thanks to RPJ, Kat and Greg!
Quote of the Day:
“All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality– the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape…”