An early crop circle on my local patch, reported in Nature in 1880 – news to me!
- Was Nicola Tesla a UFO contactee? Perhaps he wrote them back.
- Weirdlife – the possibility of a shadow biosphere.
- Liber Novus. Download a full colour scan and translation of Jung’s Red Book in one pdf!
- Richard Dawkins’ forum suddenly, and controversially, taken down.
- Amid reports that the LHC would be fired up again today, could a lawsuit shut it down?
- More important than Giza? Unearthing the riches of Ur.
- Explore the Solar System with the BBC. Or the history of the world in objects.
- Our evolutionary trajectory and the meaning of life.
- Reinventing the sacred.
- Exploding head syndrome.
- The Boneyard, up close.
- Ben Goldacre on the ethics of placebo prescription.
- Brainy crows finally stumped by intelligence test.
- Investigating ‘gut feeling’, the little brain in your innards.
- Is there freedom from free will?
- Rapper Jay-Z stirs up some Freemasonry hysteria.
- Bringing back Mars life. "Chances, of anything…"
- Anthony North asks: Is there a deep psychological reason for our eco-vandalism?
- Seahenge reconstruction completed.
- Neurosonics performance with disembodied holographic heads.
- 8 interesting (and insane) male rites of passage from around the world. Oh man, how grown up is that?
- Mr Deity has a hard time.
Quote of the Day:
The storms about this part of Surrey have been lately local and violent, and the effects produced in some instances curious.
John Rand Capron, 1880