… not to reproduce what we can already see, but to make visible what we cannot
- Hedgehenge: Evidence of encircling hedges at Stonehenge. Hence the toy hedgehog found buried with a child there recently?!
- Last speaker of Bo, one of the world’s most ancient languages, dies.
- Leon Botha, one of the world’s oldest Progeria survivors, talks about spirituality, identity and leaving a lasting legacy. Here’s more of his work. Great counterpoint to last week’s Boing-Boing-facilitated viral explosion of the mock-trash Die Antwoord project.
- Fractal universe.
- African fractals and the origins of computing.
- If the universe is a fractal, is it a program?
- The Secret of Kells – a new animated movie based on the Book of Kells, from the creators of Skunk Fu.
- ‘Zen’ Bats hit their target by not aiming at it.
- Adam‘s family jewels and the uncensored bible.
- Pretty Suicide Machine, an in-progress essay from James Curcio’s Immanence of Myth anthology.
- Eternal slavery: DARPA to breed immortal ‘Synthetic Organisms’ with molecular kill-switches.
- Japanese scientists create elastic water.
- Déjà Vu, Consciousness, Time & English Pubs, from the Dark Philosopher.
- Bruce Sterling on atemporality (if you have time).
- Wanted: mystery worshippers.
- Devotees track down an unwilling Messiah via the web. ‘Now listen ‘ere!…‘.
- Neanderthals in Poland ate cave bears.
- Glorious Gargoyles.
Quote of the Day:
The invisible & the non-existent often look very much alike.