A palindrome of news:
- Zoooom! Bullet trains are coming to America —instead of a Moon base, I take it.
- Is 2010 the year of Nuclear Fusion? That all depends on the hohlraum —huh??.
- Time Travelling for Dummies, by Sean Carroll.
- ‘Firefly’ satellite to study terrestrial gamma-ray flashes —Is NASA preparing for 2012?
- What was that jellyfish thingy photographed near a Northern light? Craig Woolheater investigates this case at UFOMystic.
- HAARP deletes its records from 2010-1-11. Meanwhile, Colin Andrews investigates some pretty odd radar weather data in Australia —what the…
- Bin Laden, the ecologist —because Climategate was just not enough to demonize the environmental movement, was it?
- Internal warfare; environmental degradation; what caused the Mayan collapse? A newly discovered Mayan tomb may shed the answers.
- 6 creepy animal behaviors that Science can’t explain —according to the Cracked foul-mouthed scholars.
- Playing with your food? 3 cheetahs spare tiny antelope’s life *scratches his head* @_@
- New “destroyer” dinosaur found. Not as impressive as the Decepticon dinosaur in my imagination —kill the Autobots! kill!!
- Step aside, Archeopteryx: Haplocheirus sollers is 15 to 20 million years older in the bird family tree.
- ‘Supersized’ monarch butterflies evolved to fly far… and destroy Mexico city.
- Solastalgia: Is there an ecological unconscious?
- [Video] Wade Davis on the relevance of ancient wisdom in our modern world —or why you should learn how to make a knife out of s*#t like an Inuit.
- Finding a better way to grieve the death of a loved one. On Death and Dying [Amazon US & UK].
- The Da Vinci Drag: Did Leonardo paint himself as ‘Mona Lisa’?
- The Japanese think the best engineer to design subway stations is slime mold— it doesn’t complain about double shifts too.
- The French choose yet-another another battleground for their never ending quarrel with the British: the G spot. —Mon Dieu…
- First Russian stealth fighter takes flight… for what exactly, no one can see yet.
- Pee-Wee Herman gets an iPad… & I can’t make a snarky comment on it, ’cause I used to <3 his program when I was a kid.
A howling thanks to Kat & Perceval.
Quote of the Day:
“What’s real? What’s not? That’s what I do in my act, test how other people deal with reality”.