You know my name. What you don’t know, is the news:
- New watercolor portrait of Edgar A. Poe shows him sans moustache —and… smiling?
- For the first time in 60 years, mysterious stranger misses date with Poe’s grave —maybe he didn’t recognize him without the moustache! it happens.
- Scientists create knots with light. Not bad, but I still prefer Pablo’s photonic doodles.
- Glowing Hydrogen highlights cat’s paw nebula —All praise Ceiling Cat!!
- Still waiting for those jet-packs? According to NASA, the future is here —in the form of a one-man electric plane. And you still refuse UFOs exist? Seems the tables are finally turned, Houston!
- In a recent article, Nick Redfern reminds us Lonnie Zamora was not the only cop who’s experienced a close encounter.
- Psst! You wanna see a sneak peek of one illustration from Mac Tonnies’ † upcoming insta-classic The Cryptoterrestrials? Voilà!
- Metropolis, the granddaddy of all distopic sci-fi movies, will be shown fully restored at the Berlinale on Feb. 12.
- Why do we fear the BigDog? I mean, aside from the fact that it’s a big-ass quadruped fully-autonomous robot…
- Rare Sumatran tiger and her cubs filmed for the first time in the wild by camera trap —kittehs are less shy than orang pendeks :-/
- Yowietube! —sorry, mates: couldn’t resist— Video interviews of eyewitnesses’ testimonies.
- Micah Hanks reports on what seems to be Mountak Monster 2.0, at The Gralien Report. This ain’t no raccoon…
- The 5 creepiest unexplained broadcasts [Cracked warning].
- Sooo… you wondering where all the gold in the world’s going? Well, you should probably visit the Museo del Oro, in Bogota —much more here.
- Iran’s second-oldest stone temple, Anahita, in danger. The Mahdi wouldn’t approve, y’all.
- Summary of Egyptology projects in 2010 —Wot, no secret chambers under the Sphynx?
- Atlantis in southern Spain? Am I the only one suspecting we’re all just chasing the antediluvian version of this??
- Is there a link between Carbon 14, and past cataclysms destroying advanced ancient civilizations? [H/T Lucretia Heart]
- Man buried in Haiti rubble uses iPhone to treat wounds & survive. I hope Jobs contributes with a pretty penny after getting publicity like this.
- U.S. military weapons inscribed with secret ‘Jesus’ Bible codes —Testify THIS, punk!
- Send your “Happy Birthday” wishes to Buzz Aldrin, who todays turns 80 —or he’ll find you & make you regret it 😉
- Seems that employees at NASA are experiment with a different kind of *ehem* high-altitude fuel :-S
Thanks to Rick, Kat, Marcus & Moezilla.
Quote of the Day:
“And all my days are trances,
And all my nightly dreams
Are where thy dark eye glances,
And where thy footstep gleams —
In what ethereal dances,
By what eternal streams.”
Edgar Allan Poe. “To One In Paradise”, st. 4