“It’s like déjà vu all over again…”
- Quantum physics discovers its golden ratio… the hidden symmetry of solid matter.
- Outer space gets small.
- Scientists claim to be on the verge of discovering the next Earth.
- String theory’s complex mathematical, E8 structure witnessed in lab for the first time.
- Firefly, firefly, burning bright.
- Coral reefs, nature’s evolutionary nursery for biodiversity.
- 12-miles of lakeside property on Mars, now available for unique timeshare opportunity.
- A printable battery… finally!
- Aboriginal ‘Dreaming Story’ leads scientists to crater in the Northern Territory.
- UK wants to regulate nanoparticles in food before the nanos regulate us.
- Has the ’Lost City of El Dorado’ been found in the Amazon? More here.
- Ghost galaxies in the Milky Way machine.
- Were the Sierra Nevada Mountains North America’s first salt mine?
- Scientists blowing tops over mountaintop coal mining.
- Tsutomu Yamaguchi, the only survivor of both the Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic blast and a well-respected nuclear critic, has departed this mortal coil.
- Giant Swedish ice balls found on beach. Still waiting on reports of oversized frozen spaghetti in the trees…
- The science of growing new body parts.
- Vatican reveals secret archives including 13th century Mongol letter.
- Still ruminating over Roswell? Then don’t miss the all-new tell-all, The General’s Widow: A Roswell Tell-All.
- Not enough ‘Nessie’ in your day? Check out The Great Debate over Nessie’s Death.
- Pandorapedia… your on-line resource for all things related to Avatar and Pandora.
- Scientist discovers an additional 123 billion pieces of pi.
- Sword swallower trapped in trance after accidentally hypnotizing… himself.
- What would it take to plunge Britain into a Siberian winter? Try one southward shifting air current. More here about how the big freeze would affect (look, kids) Big Ben, Parliament. Welcome to Great Arctain.
- The Sun’s Iron Line, revealed.
- UFOs?! In Norway?!
A New Year of Thanks to RPJ, Greg, Kat, Rick MG, Monty Python and Yogi Berra!
Quote of the Day:
Do you ever get that strange feeling of vuja de? Not deja vu, vuja de. It’s the distinct sense that somehow, something that just happened has never happened before. Nothing seems familiar– And then suddenly the feeling is gone. Vuja de.