Just in time for the holidays…
- Copenhagen to stall decision on emissions for six years.
- Update: Copenhagen climate summit negotiations ‘suspended’. Walkout triggers breakdown. Copenhagen negotiators have been working through the night in attempt to save talks.
- Climate change? Well, we’ll be dead by then.
- Switching off one gene in adult mice easily transforms females into males.
- Stem cells can be engineered into genetic vaccines against HIV and more.
- Microchip detects cancer in minutes.
- Bacteria-busting genetic bombs make biofuel processing a blast.
- Impressive first images from VISTA infrared telescope.
- Two Martian moons — in a single shot.
- Bones show early divergence of dinosaur lineage.
- The mystery of the Narara caves.
- Viking weapon-recycling site found in England.
- 19th century mermaid illustrations.
- Iron Age treasure trove, discovered in 2005, is disappearing into the sea.
- British Museum vs. Dr. Zahi Hawass: Claim to historic artefact is anything but written in stone.
- Zahi says, No cameras please!
- Brain scan reveals who will keep their promises.
- People can hear with their skin.
- 100,000 words a day are changing our brains and ruining our concentration.
- Brain scans show people with autism have a problem with self-awareness.
- Marijuana may cause new cell growth in the brain.
- Antidepressants linked to major personality changes.
- Alun Anderson, former editor-in-chief of New Scientist, talks about his new book After the Ice: Life, Death, and Geopolitics in the New Arctic (Amazon US & UK).
- New poll finds supernatural experiences, and interest in non-Christian
religions, are on the rise in America.
- 100 incredible lectures from the world’s top scientists.
- Gifts from the sixth dimension.
- How bankers destroy £7 for every £1 they create.
Thanks to Greg.
Quote of the Day:
Well there ain’t no time to wonder why,
Whoopee! we’re all gonna die.
Country Joe & the Fish