Old Persian saying: Go and wake up your luck.
- On first time out with his metal detector, amateur treasure hunter finds £1million hoard of gold torcs.
- The Thera eruption of 3,000 years ago was far more violent than the 1883 eruption of Krakatoa, and sent massive tsunamis across the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Ceasar rises: Several millennia’s-worth of artefacts raised from bed of the Rhone, including a brilliant bust of Julius himself.
- Petroglyphs in Southeast Alaska.
- Something may come through ‘dimensional doors’ created by Large Hadron Collider. Recent string of bad luck continues.
- How Shipibo healers and ayahuasca cured my brain tumor.
- Can cannabis improve autism?
- Crocodile and man are best mates. Includes photo that brings to mind the Revelation prediction, ‘and the lion will lie down with the lamb’.
- Boston boy remembers past life, describes Buddhist monastery while in trance, and is declared the reincarnation of a high priest of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Amazingly detailed image of Jesus appears on window of TN man’s truck every morning.
- The New York Times reviews ‘The Men Who Stare at Goats’.
- One of Britain’s leading professional remote viewers says everyone has psychic abilities.
- Freemasonry, Dan Brown, and the New New Age.
- Robert Lomas discusses Dan Brown, Freemasonry, and how Robert Langdon is part him.
- Met police back down in face of ‘massed ranks’ of Guy Fawkes on bonfire night. Bit of an exaggeration there, but at least it’s a start.
- Octopus communicates with psychedelic color language.
- X-ray machine voted most important invention.
- Amateurs prove research is not confined to academic laboratories.
- New software and $10 worth of off-the-shelf hardware turn cellphones into microscopes.
- The Super Aviator is a personal submarine designed like an airplane.
- Nanoparticles damage DNA at a distance.
- Think you can pay off a sleep debt by sleeping late on weekends? Actually, it takes a week or more for the cognitive and physiological consequences of poor sleep to wear off — even after increasing sleep.
- One million spiders make golden silk for unique cloth.
- Space junk storm will up mission costs.
- An ex-military man, trained in aircraft recognition, believes he saw a UFO — a white hot triangular shape, moving extremely fast.
- Abduction researcher Budd Hopkins says ‘The Fourth Kind’ is “a movie to avoid”.
- Moon director to team up with Jake Gyllenhaal in ‘Source Code’.
- Unmasked: Images reveal the Ku Klux Klan is alive and kicking in 2009.
- Confusion on where money lent via Kiva.org goes.
- Late addition: Twenty years after the fall of the Berlin Wall, a new BBC poll has found widespread dissatisfaction with free-market capitalism.
Thank you, Greg! And a huge thanks to Markus, too, for my rare good luck yesterday!
Quote of the Day:
Luck: when your burst of energy doesn’t run afoul of someone else’s.