Utterly exhausted, I hope today’s news makes sense.
- French anthropologist Claude Lévi-Strauss has died, aged 100.
- Michael Ruse says Dawkins et al bring atheism into disrepute. If science were like the mafia, Ruse would be swimming with the fishes.
- Jung’s Red Book, published for the first time, is a cornerstone of our intellectual history. I don’t remember Dan Brown mentioning that.
- Matrix producer plans Muhammad biopic. I’m auditioning Neva for the role of Mezza.
- Moscow could have started WWIII over fall of Berlin Wall. Thank Gorby for glasnost.
- Iraqi military spend millions on ‘dowsing rod’ bomb detectors.
- The Men Who Stare At Goats draws mixed remote reviews from the men it’s based on.
- Mark Pilkington on ‘bent spoons, flying saucers, and remote control donkeys‘.
- Meet Jon Ronson, he started the goat shenanigans (Amazon US & UK).
- Nick Redfern plays off The Fourth Kind with four true alien abduction stories.
- From the Cabinet of Wonders, Britain’s earliest known alien abduction.
- Oxford’s Ashmolean Museum is being redesigned. To cater for daemons.
- 1500-year-old treasure hoard found by farmer on display. Gallery.
- Revisit the tomb of Pharaoh Seti I before Zahi finds out.
- Excavating 2000-year-old remains of a young Moche nobleman in Peru, with pics.
- Bulgarian archaeologists find silver artifacts & a chariot in Thracian tomb.
- Eileen Garrett, a nice Irish girl who could commune with the dead.
- Australian aboriginal ‘witchdoctor’ joins search for missing Queenslander.
- Africa’s majestic Mt Kilimanjaro may have no snow in 20 years.
- Amazing mating dance of hummingbird filmed for the first time.
- Incredible photos of a sperm whale eating a giant squid.
- Japanese trawler sunk by giant jellyfish! I suspect dolphins.
Thanks Greg, Kat, and RPJ.
Quote of the Day:
Maybe not true.
Better you believe.
— Old Sherpa Saying