If during a lucid dream, you see your reflection on a mirror and you don’t recognize yourself… what does that mean?
- Why ‘sleeping on it’ works —except during fights with your wife.
- Would you turn Vegan to slow global warming? *crickets sound* [A second helping, by tihz_ho’s request :-P]
- Blast off! The Ares I-X rocket takes off from the Kennedy Space Center, heralding the end of the space shuttle age [Video].
- But not only NASA can have some fun with rockets: At the Mojave desert, teams of private entrepeneurs are trying to win 1 million bucks.
- The most distant object yet spied in the Universe: the remnants of a star that was born just 600 million years after the Big Bang —God’s garage prototype?
- Has Fermi —the satellite, not the dead Italian dude— seen new evidence for Dark Matter?
- If there’s nothing interesting to report, then hoax the news. Like this false meteorite crash in Latvia.
- “It’s aliiiiive!!!”: Large Hadron Collider switched on after year of repairs.
- Tickling the Dragon: Nuclear accidents in the US and Russia. Are you curie about it?
- 52 years ago, at the height of the Cold War, a young boy sent his rocket designs to scientists at the Woomera Rocket Range. He finally gets a reply.
- [Listen] At the Paracast, Gene & David interview A.J. Gevaerd, editor of the Brazilian UFO Magazine, and talk about the recent release of UFO documents by the Brazilian government.
- If Disclosure comes, what kind will it be? Whitley Strieber discusses why it is imperative.
- So you think you’re a Trekkie, huh? Watch this video & prove it, you big nepwI’! [H/T Cartoon Brew]
- The map that changed the world, half a millenium ago —but what about this one?
- The Sun King shines once again at Versailles.
- Tree “Mummies” found, traced back to Viking era —The long-lost Entwives?
- Is Thatcham the oldest ‘continuously inhabited’ place in Britain?
- Scientists make cells that form eggs and sperm in lab —because geeks always love to do things the hard way 😉
- The new, revised Charles Darwin: more atheist than ever!
- Top 10 mysteries of the first humans —for instance: how could they talk to snakes? 😉
- Culture (not just Genes) drives Evolution, Charlie boy.
- The super-rich ‘may evolve into separate species‘. But in the meantime, they can still get their ass ticketed ¬_¬
- A video tribute to our esteemed Mac, ‘filmed’ on the virtual environment of Second Life, which is only fitting to honor a transhumanist.
A sugar calaverita to Rick & Kat. And a bottle of Tequila to Mac, so his journey gets more spiced up.
Quote of the Day:
“Consciousness is a potential technology; we are exquisite machines, nothing less than sentient patterns. As such, there’s no convincing technical reason we can’t eventually upload ourselves into matrices of our design and choosing. It’s likely the phenomenon we casually call “intelligence” will cease to be strictly biological as we begin to merge with our machines more meaningfully and intimately. (Philip K. Dick once wrote that “living and nonliving things are exchanging properties.” I suspect that in a few hundred years, barring disaster, separating the animate from the inanimate will probably be an exercise in futility.) Ultimately, we have two options: self-mutate by venturing off-planet in minds and bodies of our own design, or succumb to extinction.”
Mac Tonnies, interplanetary man of mystery