- LHC sabotage from the future?
- Ice-free Arctic within a decade.
- ‘Home-made’ table-top black holes. The perfect stocking stuffer.
- Energy 3.0… Researchers discover ‘magnetricity’.
- The mystery ripple in Saturn’s rings.
- It takes a village.
- The bright ribbon at the end ot the universe. More here.
- How the brain interprets the words we speak.
- Ancient lake found in Tanis, presumably adjacent to the ‘Well of Souls.”
- A screaming comes across the sky… Fireballs in the Netherlands.
- The great balloon boy hoax of 2009. Art imitates life imitating ‘12 Monkeys’.
- The placebo effect, coming soon to a hospital near you.
- Atomic clocks in space.
- A 200,000 year-old butcher shop.
- Taking the fizz out of soda.
- Tapping the elusive Casimir Effect.
- Vatican to host Galileo exhibit, replete with awkward silences for irony to sink in.
- Physics is wrong, according to Sir Roger Penrose.
- Alan Boyle speaks with everyone’s favorite ‘not-so-angry evolutionist’, R. Dawkins.
- Jupiter and Earth share the spotlight.
- Just when you thought Mars couldn’t get any weirder.
- In this week’s news of the coming bot-apocalypse…Terrifying life-like robot teaches it’s cold hard self to smile.
Merci Beaucoup a Greg et Kat
Quote of the Day:
“Only human beings have come to a point where they no longer know why they exist…”
Lame Deer, Lakota Shaman