TDG: Nourishment for the soul.
- Even if 2012 turns out to be a humongous “Meh”, there are lessons we can learn from the ancient Maya.
- If it were still alive today, the largest snake ever known to have lived would feel right at home in South America’s tropical rain forests. So the return of Quetzalcoatl is going to be scarier —& grosser— than you thought 😛
- But what’s spookier than a big-ass snake? How about a spectral snake! which is exactly what Neil Arnold saw during the ‘Weird Weekend’.
- Break on through to the *other* side: Researchers determine Morrison ghost photo ‘Authentic’ —Oh YEAAAaaaAAHHHHHH!!!
- How much would a Victorian-era Ouija board go for on e-Bay?
- Forget it, Buzz: even if the trip to Mars could be done in 39 days —as we discovered last week— the radiation will be too much for any hypothetical astronaut —or the hypothetical astronaut’s *ahem* family jewels. Maybe we should send eunuchs?
- Jupiter moon’s ocean is rich in oxygen. So only two question remains: is there life in there? & when in the Hell are we going???
- Gallery of X-planes. Eye candy for our friend DynaSoar 🙂
- Aerial laser gunboat ‘burns hole in fender’ of moving car —something cheerful to think about, whenever you’re stuck in traffic :0)
- DARPA tries to tap vacuum energy —which might trigger an interdimensional war.
- UFO footage from Asia reveals image of an alien… or does it?
- Cow abducted by flying saucer? Here’s the video, and here’s the subsequent analysis.
- Listen: Greg Bishop interviews Chris O’Brien over @ Radio Misterioso, where they both discuss Chris’ new book ‘Stalking the Tricksters’ (Amazon US & UK).
- Not only did Chicago lose the Olimpic games to Rio; but adding injury to insult, the Windy City is being invaded by South American Monk parakeets.
- [Breaking News] A Bigfoot was sighted in downtown Portland! And the man behind the event was none other than the esteemed Loren Coleman.
- More than 1 in 3 Americans would like to see Bigfoot proven as real, according to national poll. Memo to Michael Steele: the ideal candidate for 2012 lives in the Pacific Northwest ^_^
- It’s like a creationist’s dream come true: a third of dinosaur species may have never existed.
- Canadians are definitely MY kind of people: they kniow that no one is more deserving to be immortalized on coins than a T Rex.
- Is Darwin’s Rottweiler loosening his bite on religion? Not a chance in
- Leonardo’s fingerprint found in painting originally thought to be from the 19th century. Another confrmation of Bob Ross’ theory of ‘happy accidents’ in art.
- Open the bubbly, Zahi! France will return five segments of an ancient Egyptian tomb mural held by the Louvre museum. And Zahi: if you’re still determined to break and enter to reclaim the Nefertiti bust, you should hire the services of the Egyptian Hulk.
- Aging heart? Preventable, scientists say. Broken heart? Keep, dreaming, Bubba.
- The way to an Indian woman’s heart goes through the toilet.
Quote of the Day:
“We do not ask for what useful purpose the birds do sing, for song is their pleasure since they were created for singing. Similarly, we ought not to ask why the human mind troubles to fathom the secrets of the heavens. The diversity of the phenomena of nature is so great and the treasures hidden in the heavens so rich precisely in order that the human mind shall never be lacking in fresh nourishment.”