*Hmph* So how deep is this god-damned rabbit hole anyw—AAAAAAAaaaaaaaa….
- The stuff that Einstein’s nightmares were made of: Quantum entanglement visible to the naked eye —Eeeeeeek!!
- The astrology of Carl Jung and his Red Book: Part One. The legendary text will be published next month [Amazon US & UK].
- Nope, that’s not our moon you’re watching —that’s Mercury.
- China completes hi-res 3D map of the Moon. They will be releasing it freely on the Internet shortly —one would hope.
- Ok: so there’s H2O on the Moon —but will astronauts be toasting with Luna Evian any time soon?
- The Giga Galaxy Zoom trilogy is not a campy group of sci-fi novels, but the most detailed visual exploration of our home galaxy so far —and it’s now complete! Check out the main page of GGZ project here to attain Warp speed.
- Stem cells exposed to microgravity express different proteins than those grown in normal gravity, say Australian researchers. So now y’all know why those alien bastards are so small & puny.
- Are we humans the best tourist attraction this side of the Milky Way? Well, as long as I don’t get to be in the petting corral!
- Friendly UFO emitting light beam reported by Russian women —so flashing babes is cool, as long as you come from another planet, huh?
- Like a wounded Starship Enterprise, our solar system’s natural shields are faltering, letting in a flood of cosmic rays —& all I can say is… KHAAAAAAAAAAN!!
- Do any of you guys remember that hole in the Ozone layer? Well, guess what…
- Alan Boyle discusses how tsunami monitoring systems work. I’m sure the Samoans feel there’s room for improvement.
- Stone Age village found under sea —guess ‘what goes around comes around’, eh?
- I hope everybody’s got their swimsuits on, ’cause nothing will stop the sea level rise 🙁
- Mighty T. Rex killed by lowly parasite, study suggests. Is there a moral to this story we should be heeding?
- Scientists announce new species discovered in the Greater Mekong region, of Southeast Asia [Purty pictures of the new critters here].
- The first autopsy ever performed on an Egyptian mummy got the cause of death all wrong. Is it not too late for Irtyersenu to sue them for malpractice?
- Loren Coleman reports on the latest Orang Pendek sightings @ Cryptomundo.
- Half-man/half-goat scares African villagers —no, I don’t think this is a viral campaign for a Pan’s Labyrinth sequel.
- ‘Paranormal Activity’, a ‘Blairwitchy’ film made with just 15K, made its debut on Oct 2007. Now it’s moving into a bigger release [trailer of the film here]
- Finding spirits in a liquor bottle is nothing exceptional; but who would’ve thought beers could have Fortean overtones as well? Here’s a very nice cavalcade of paranormal beer selections, courtesy of Micah ‘Gralien Report‘ Hanks.
- Jay-Z: a master of occult wisdom? Well, to be Beyonce’s boyfriend you gotta be master of something!
Thanks Kat, Rick & Frank.
Quote of the Day:
Donnie: “Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?”
Frank: “Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?”
Excerpt from the movie Donnie Darko (2001).