You’re right on time — for another dose of the cure for willful ignorance.
- Orang Pendek sighted in Sumatra. Tracks were found, as well as hair samples and some rattan which it was eating.
- Amateur astronomer photographs glowing UFO hovering over Devon. More.
- Airline pilot – and dogs – unnerved by three spherical UFOs southeast of Tucson.
- UK police officer Gary Heseltine specializes in investigating UFO sightings by his colleagues — more than 330 cases involving more than 750 officers.
- New Irish Lake Monster video.
- Oxygen-from-Moon-dirt passes vomit comet test: Air & rocketfuel can be made at lunar bases – or on Mars.
- Cosmic Log: Back to the lunar future?
- Philip Coppens on Göbekli Tepe, the 12,000-year-old temple that’s being excavated in Turkey.
- While Darwin was breeding pigeons, Alfred Russel Wallace was in the jungle in Borneo discovering a theory of evolution.
- Four-winged feathered fossil bridges bird-dinosaur gap.
- HIV’s ancestors may have plagued first mammals.
- 850 previously unknown species – mostly blind, pale creatures – discovered deep under Australia’s outback.
- Mother Nature burns her bridges: Why evolution can’t go backward. Fixxored.
- The Big Question: Are so-called extinct species really extinct?
- A plumber’s guide to supervolcanoes.
- Spanking children lowers IQ.
- Catastrophic climate change could happen within 50 years.
- Global increase in atmospheric methane likely caused by unusual Arctic warmth, tropical wetness.
- Behind the Furor Over a Climate Change Skeptic: A closer look at the case of Alan Carlin, a global warming contrarian at the E.P.A., paints a more complicated case than has been widely publicized.
- Six degrees of Earth frying like bacon.
- Dust storms spread deadly diseases — but help mitigate climate change.
- Experts develop new cyber-defense tactic by watching ants.
- Scientists stumped by DNA’s telepathic abilities.
- Exhausted? How to get your willpower back.
- Ammo rationing at Wal-Mart as panic buying sweeps the US. Archaeologists of the future to find hoards of lead.
- China’s threat to halt exports of rare minerals — vital for high-performance electric motors in wind turbines, hybrid cars and missiles — appears to have backfired.
Quote of the Day:
The elders once said time is a living, breathing thing. Powerful, beautiful, oftentimes cruel. It can humble the strongest army, shape mountains to its will, and turn entire oceans to dust.
New video game Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time.