It’s the Ozpocalypse.
- Martian dust storm blankets Sydney, earthquakes rock Melbourne, fierce hail hits Goulburn, and now scientists are warning Australia faces volcanic eruptions.
- Oddly, all of this coincided with the spring equinox — or the autumnal equinox for folks topside.
- This time of year is rich in folklore and tradition.
- On the first day of Autumn, Persephone returns to the Underworld.
- A terrific summary of weather folklore from around the world.
- Ship of stones: the megalithic monument of Ales Stenar in Sweden.
- Tourists & locals see lights in the sky at UFO hotspot in central Australia
- Former US Atomic Energy Commission Supervisor says the Roswell Object is alien.
- UFO Mystic asks why don’t aliens freak people out? We do that to ourselves.
- British MoD files acknowledge UFOs, with a RAF wing commander suggesting they could be alien tourists. More is revealed in The UFO Files by Dr David Clarke (Amazon US & UK).
- Reports from Iran state media that a UFO was shot down over the Persian Gulf.
- US military to deploy ‘optionally manned’ hover-dirigible in 2011.
- Archaeologists unearth undisturbed royal crypt in Syria (with photo gallery).
- 13 gold coins from the late 1700s found by a river in Córdoba, Spain.
- Rattle-wielding elite male found among pre-Inca Moche priestess burials in Peru.
- Hmong shaman consult with doctors at Mercy Medical Center in California.
- Scholars attempt to rescue John Dee from sorcery. What if he doesn’t want rescuing?
- A sex-starved ghost, known as orang minyak, is on the prowl in Malaysia.
- Belgrade’s bloody butcher of 1903 linked to vampire folklore.
- A clowder of feral cats is terrorising an English town. They’re cats of Ulthar.
- Middle-aged women who excercise turn back clock 16 years.
- Two co-workers discover they’re long lost brothers.
Quote of the Day:
No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one autumnal face.