Is a pattern emerging?
- Is science broken? Will PLoS ONE and Mendeley, (the ‘Last.fm‘ of science) make it sexy again?
- Outbreak: Fortean Times welcomes a new encyclopedia of extraordinary social behaviour.
- Strange creature (hairless sloth?) reported in Panama.
- Tomorrow’s World: the future from the past. Archive here.
- Samurai mind training for the military, TM for the kids.
- Crazy ant invasion reshapes Christmas Island ecosystem.
- Sapping trees for electricity.
- Fake video dramatically alters eyewitness accounts.
- Childish superstition or tool of the chaoist?
- Skeptic agrees – remote viewing is proven.
- Headlines you couldn’t make up: Space caramel made from giant jellyfish in Obama.
- Banana sex cult leader splits after raid.
- Goat gives birth to human faun?
- Gunnister Man and his perfectly preserved 17th century togs.
- Reading surrealist literature aids pattern recognition.
- Human brain ‘works like US presidential elections‘. If only you could kill those with beer, too.
- 3D imaging of fossils. Time to put away the chisel?
- Where the shadow people lurk.
- A musical accompaniment to bombing the moon.
- The day cows saved the world.
- One for the alternative reading list: Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters.
Thanks Rick & Kat
Quote of the Day:
He who doubts from what he sees
Will ne’er believe, do what you please.
If the sun and moon should doubt,
They’d immediately go out.
William Blake: Auguries of Innocence