It’s all relative, including relatives…
- Navigating gravity corridors may change space travel as we know it. Then again, so would teleportation.
- Calling occupants of interplanetary, most extraordinary craft.
- Sea levels rose two feet this summer, much to scientist’s shock. Perhaps they didn’t see this video — Or hear about Greenland’s glaciers melting faster than predicted.
- An earthquake caused by a geothermal energy plant gives the German government pause.
- No, that’s not your ears ringing… It’s the Moon.
- Measuring what we don’t know.
- Life on Mars, proof that Alternative III is still alive and well.
- Life on Earth, proof that size does matter.
- Death don’t have no mercy… but it does have a scent.
- Blackouts in London, circa 2016. Lights out, uh-huh. Blast, blast, blast.
- Floating mice with magnets. Danke JPL!
- Drought threatens the stability of Kenya’s wildlife and cattle populations.
- Who needs the LHC to smash particles when you’ve got a black hole?
- Spring in 2050 – set your clocks for January.
- Oldest fiber used by humans dates back 34,000 years.
- Gone but never forgotten… These memories can’t wait.
- Choose your own afterlife. Not to be confused with choose your own adventure.
- UFO encounters from a long ago era known as the early 20th century.
- Life post Da Vinci Code: An exclusive interview with Dan Brown. Meanwhile, Da Vinci Code fans find themselves at the center of a real-world international conspiracy.
- The past of human evolution was then: Ancient Georgia skeletons threaten to overturn theory of human evolution.
- The future of human enhancement is now: Matrix science goes from movie to meta.
- This Sunday Sunday Sunday!! Head on down to Bigelow’s Aerospace & Saucer Emporium for all your intergalactic space travelin’ needs. Courtesy of Skeptical Inquirer, Vol. 33.4.
- M. Shermer asks, “Why do we believe in conspiracies? Why do you ask – is that what ‘they’ told you to say?
Many thanks to Greg for too many reasons to count.
Quote of the Day:
“While the traditional model of psychiatry and psychoanalysis is strictly personalistic and biographical, modern consciousness research has added new levels, realms and dimensions and shows the human psyche as being essentially commensurate with the whole universe and all of existence.”