Let’s party like it’s 09/09/09.
- 2012: is it the end of the world as we know it? I feel fine.
- Regan Lee examines the Unidentified Flying Triangle phenomenon.
- Scientists hope to save Britain’s short-haired bumblebee from extinction.
- Mind-opening research on psilocybin and mystical states at Johns Hopkins (h/t @DMT_TSM on twitter).
- Crystal Skulls were on display at World Mysteries Conference in Arizona.
- Pyramid found in a Mexican field is a Yacata.
- Zahi Hawass gets cranky about Geezer Day.
- Brilliant photo gallery of Göbekli Tepe.
- Parts of a colossal Apollo statue unearthed in Turkey.
- 1500-year-old statue of Hindu goddess Lakshmi found in Kashmir.
- Archaeologists solve mystery of Easter Island’s giant red hats. Without Freud.
- Lemuria, Mu, Shambhala — journey to lost lands and cities with the A-Z guide Companion to Atlantis, by Ronan Coghlan (Amazon US & UK).
- Mother Shipton’s cave is for sale. Only £1.8m, if you’re interested Nyte.
- Garrotting ghouls: the sinister side of London’s folklore.
- The Exorcist’s Field Guide by Pastor Swope (Amazon). Read at bedtime.
- Wisconsin’s werewolves, witches, and sea monsters, oh my.
- Lovecraft is Missing: brilliant website devoted to the creator of Cthulhu.
- A tale of two Arctic explorers who didn’t go where they said they did.
- 6 lost treasures you’d love to find, including a Rothschild Fabergé Egg.
- Behold the Green Dragon: this Asian secret society doesn’t allow hobbits.
- Asia’s wildest festivals, from the Philippines to Japan.
- Interview with author Douglas Coupland. Tomorrow’s tech is today’s voodoo.
- The Augmented Sculpture Project by Pablo Valbuena. If Escher designed TRON…
Thanks Kat, A Friend, and Mr Miyagi.
Quote of the Day:
Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water.
After enlightenment: chop wood, carry water.
— Zen proverb